Sunday, February 7, 2010

Preppin' for the Zeez

Hey Gang,

I've never written one of these blog type deals before, so bear with me. I am currently sitting in my bed in Traverse City, MI, bored out of my mind and putting off packing for my trip that is rapidly approaching. What's that? Didn't know I was leaving? Well, let me just bring you up to speed then.

In four days I will be taking off for New Zealand (the University of Auckland to be precise) and I will be studying there for the next five months. This will be the furthest I've ever been away from home, and It's kind of a big step for me. I am excited and looking forward to a change of scenery (right now it's 63 degrees outside in Auckland), yet I am also a little nervous. Hopefully all of my fears will be calmed when I actually get there, but for right now I remain cautiously excited.

I'm not sure what to expect from New Zealand, but I am going into this with an open mind and lots of high hopes. Not sure what else to say at this point, so I'll leave you for now. I'll be posting periodic updates to this blog, so stay tuned for further adventures if that's your thing. Or you can just have no contact with me for 5 months and then hear the entire story all in one sitting when I get back. Your choice.

Anyway, I should go pack (but I won't). I'll write again soon!

-Connor

P.S. I'm going whitewater rafting in NZ next Monday. Can't wait. :-D


This is my excited face.


1 comment:

  1. im excited to follow your adventures!

    find something beautiful in every day (even the rough ones). :)

    with love, natalie white

    ReplyDelete