Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pucker up!


Hello all,

It's almost midnight on a Sunday night, and I don't feel like reading my Latin chapter, which means it's time for a nonsensical blog!

I like lemonade. A lot. Since I arrived in New Zealand, I have found many different types of lemonade available for my drinking pleasure. Here I will chronicle my thoughts on each one, and how they rank against one another. This post will be updated periodically whenever I find a new brand of lemonade, but right now, here are the candidates:

Lemonade

Allganics Organic Lemonade


One of the first lemonades I tasted in NZ. It was good, but a bit too sweet for my taste. I tend to prefer lemonades that are more tart than sweet.

Rating: 2 out of 5


Schweppes Traditional Lemonade


I would definitely consider Schweppes to be my go-to drink when I am in the mood for a nice traditional lemonade. It has just the right mix of carbonation and lemon flavor, and it makes for a very refreshing drink, especially on a hot day.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Frank Sparkling Zesty Lemonade


Not my favorite of the bunch. It was tolerable, but it was a bit too "zesty" for my taste. I can't quite pinpoint the reason, but the flavor just seemed a bit off to me. Probably wouldn't have this again unless nothing else was available.

Rating: 1 out of 5

Phoenix Organic Lemonade


A mediocre brand. Not terrible, but certainly not the best I have tried.

Rating: 3 out of 5

Fizzarchi Sparkling Lemon


At first sip, it is very tasty, but it left a bad sort of aftertaste and really dried out my mouth. Overall, a decent flavor, but the after-effects left something to be desired.

Rating: 2 out of 5

***

Lemonade +

The Original L&P: Lemon & Paeroa


This drink is an interesting combination of lemon juice and mineral water from the town of Paeroa. It is only made in New Zealand, which makes it a bit of a novelty. Overall, not bad tasting, except when it gets flat, at which point it just tastes like sugar water.

Rating: 3 out of 5

deepspring lemon + lime + orange fruit drink


This is the holy grail of New Zealand lemonades. The combination of lemon and lime is delicious enough, but then someone had the audacity to throw orange flavoring in the mix as well, and the results were phenomenal. I will be hard pressed to find a drink as tasty as this one in NZ, and I will be very sad when it is no longer readily available to me after I leave.

Rating: 5 out of 5

***

That's all for now! I will update periodically as I find more brands to try.

Toodles!

-Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment